How to Shorten and Sew a Hem
Are you tired of stepping on your pants or getting your sleeves wet while washing the dishes? Learn how to shorten and sew a hem on a pair of pants, a skirt, a dress or on sleeves with this simple technique!
Warning! Ask for a friend's help to help you measure the hem's length.
Save by subscribing to the whole series or choose the Premium option to obtain a Skype session with Gaia & Dubos's designer to ask her your questions about the techniques or the operation of your sewing machine!
Required material :
- Sewing machine
- Thread of the colour of the garment you wish to repair (recommended: standard tex-27 polyester thread)
- Thread bobbin compatible with your sewing machine and filled with the thread you wish to use
- Needle (size 14 or 16, depending on the thickness of the fabric)
- Sharpened fabric scissors
- Wax or soap chalk
- Measuring tape
- Iron and ironing board
- A friend to help you measure the hem