Inscrivez-vous à notre infolettre pour tout savoir sur la mode durable
How to Sew a Patch Pocket Back on
Do your pockets tend to rebel when you overload them with your wallet or your phone? Learn how to sew your pockets back on with this simple and efficient technique.
- This technique only applies to patch pockets. For other types of pockets, you might want to check the courses How to Fix a Cut Seam and How to Fix a Tear, both available in the Hand Stitch Series.
- If the garment if lined, make sure you have access to its inside so as to not sew through the lining.
Save by subscribing to the whole series or choose the Premium option to obtain a Skype session with Gaia & Dubos's designer to ask her your questions about the techniques or the operation of your sewing machine!
Required material :
- Sewing machine
- Thread of the colour of the garment you wish to repair (recommended: standard tex-27 polyester thread)
- Thread bobbin compatible with your sewing machine and filled with the thread you wish to use
- Needle (size 12, 14 or 16, depending on the thickness of the fabric)
- Sharpened fabric scissors