How to Adjust a Pant’s Waistband with an Invisible Elastic Band
Do you have pants or skirts that fit perfectly everywhere but the waist? Gaia & Dubos's designer reveals her secret technique to adjust your garments' waist with a simple elastic band!
Warning! Do not employ this technique if your garment is more than 5cm (2") too big at the waist! If so, visit an experimented seamstress because your pants need a real surgery! Download our guide The Best Seamstresses and Cobblers in Quebec to access our directory.
Save by subscribing to the whole series or choose the Premium option to obtain a Skype session with Gaia & Dubos's designer to ask her your questions about the techniques or the operation of your sewing machine!
Required material :
- Sewing machine
- Thread of the colour of the garment you wish to repair (recommended: standard tex-27 polyester thread)
- Thread bobbin compatible with your sewing machine and filled with the thread you wish to use
- Needle (size 12, 14 or 16, depending on the thickness of the fabric)
- Sharpened fabric scissors
- Elastic band: 15 cm long by 2-3 cm wide (6" x 1") (ideally of a colour similar to your garment)
- Wax or soap chalk
- Measuring tape