Inscrivez-vous à notre infolettre et recevez gratuitement du contenu sur la mode durable ainsi que le eBook 36 astuces pour réduire votre empreinte éco-sociale par la mode!
Beginner's Fix-it-Yourself Course: Machine Work - Premium Option with Skype Consultation
This course series for beginners will show your the basics of mending with a sewing machine. Gaia & Dubos reveals techniques employed by professionals while giving clear and simple instructions. By learning to mend your clothes, you will develop your autonomy, reduce your ecological footprint and save on seamstress expenses!
Subscribe now to gain access to seven video courses that will teach you sewing basics and to get a Skype session* with Gaia & Dubos's designer to ask her all of your questions about the courses and the operating of your sewing machine!
This series comprises the followings:
- How to Sew a Tote Strap Back on
- How to Imitate an Overlock Stitch to Avoid Frays
- Understanding Fabric Grain Lines
- How to Sew a Patch Pocket Back on
- How to Adjust a Pant’s Waistband with an Invisible Elastic Band
- How to Shorten and Sew a Hem
- How to Adjust a Blouse or Dress
- Bonus: 20-minute Skype session* with Gaia & Dubos's designer
- Sewing machine
- Needles (sizes 12, 14 and 16)
- Thread of the colour of the garments you wish to repair (recommended: standard tex-27 polyester thread)
- Thread bobbin compatible with your sewing machine and filled with the threads you wish to use
- Sharpened fabric scissors
- Seam ripper
- Wax or soap chalk
- Measuring tape
- Iron and ironing board
- Elastic band: 15 cm long by 2-3 cm wide (6" x 1")