⟳ Order before everyone else
⇓ Access reduced prices during presales and promos
♡ Exclusively for our subscribers
Sewing Course Duo: Mending by hand and with a sewing machine
This video course series for beginners will show your the basics of mending by hand and with a sewing machine.
Gaia & Dubos reveals techniques employed by professionals while giving clear and simple instructions. By learning to mend your clothes, you will reduce your ecological footprint and save on seamstress expenses!
Subscribe now to gain access to fifteen video courses that will teach you the basics of clothes mending.
🎁 To offer the courses as a gift:
Watch these videos for free to see if you like our courses
The hand repairs series comprises the following courses:
- How to (properly) sew a two or four-hole button
- How to (properly) sew a shank button
- How to Sew a Hook and Eye Clasp
- How to Cover a Hole with a Thermobonding Patch
- How to Fix a Tear
- How to Fix a Hole
- How to Fix a Cut Seam
- How to stitch a blind hem
The sewing machine series comprises the following courses:
- How to Sew a Tote Strap Back on
- How to Imitate an Overlock Stitch to Avoid Frays
- Understanding Fabric Grain Lines
- How to Sew a Patch Pocket Back on
- How to adjust a pant’s waistband with an invisible elastic band
- How to Shorten and Sew a Hem
- How to adjust a blouse or a dress
Required material for the entire video series:
- Hand stitching needles
Sharpened fabric scissors
Wax or soap chalk
Iron and ironing board
Threads of the colour of the garments and accessories you wish to repair (recommended: standard tex-27 polyester thread)
Thread bobbins compatible with your sewing machine and filled with the thread you wish to use
Sewing machines needles (size 12, 14 and 16)
The buttons and hooks & clasps you wish to sew back
Elastic band: about 15cm (6") long by 2-3 cm wide (1")
Your satisfaction is guaranteed during 60 days. If you don't fall in love with our sewing courses, we'll issue a refund!
To learn more about the courses, view our Frequently Asked Questions.